The AMD Radeon™ R9 285 graphics card is faster than Nvidia’s GTX 760.1 That’s because we designed it for a single purpose: to play demanding PC games at maximum detail better than any card in its class.
- 1792 Stream Processors
- 975 MHz Core Clock
- 2GB 256-Bit DDR5
- 5500 MHz Effective Memory Clock
- PCI Express 3.0
AMD Radeon Graphics
Never settle for anything less than AMD Radeon™ R Series graphics.
Gamers Come First. We’ve been on the front lines of gaming innovation for years, backing developers’ creative genius with the technology and firepower to put you in the heart of the action.
AMD FreeSync Technology
No stuttering. No tearing. Just gaming.
AMD FreeSync™ technology puts an end to choppy gameplay and broken frames with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate. Behold the next breakthrough in PC gaming performance. The FreeSync™ technology in select AMD APUs and GPUs resolves the communication issues between processor and monitor, eliminating image tears and choppiness for effortlessly smooth gameplay.
Newest AMD Technologies
Powered by Mantle technology and AMD TrueAudio technology.
There’s optimization, and then there’s Mantle technology. Games enabled with Mantle speak the language of Graphics Core Next to unlock revolutionary performance and image quality. Also AMD TrueAudio Technology puts the magic of surround sound into every headset and helps give sound engineers the freedom to innovate in ways they’ve never had before. This is what the future of PC gaming sounds like.
XFX Ghost Thermal 2.0 Technology
The new and improved floating heatsink design of XFX graphics cards provides the ultimate cooling solution.
XFX's exclusive ghost thermal 2.0 design creates a floating heatsink with open airflow between the PCB and the cover so that air can quickly ventilate off the card while simultaneously cooling the core process and the components. We've also made major advances from our first generation which includes a heat tested light weight plastic to create an overall lighter thermal which reduces the physical strain on your gpu.
Up to 13db Quieter and 7°C Cooler Than Our Competitors
The exclusive XFX Double Dissipation design is cooler and quieter than others.
XFX's exclusive dual fan double dissipation design utilizes two larger fans which run at slower RPM than comparable single fan soltuions which must run at much higer RPMs just to barely achieve the same cooling needs. Because of this design, XFX is able to achieve up to 13db lower noise than the competitor while simultaneously increasing the overall cooling by 7°C.
2 GB GDDR Video Memory
Enhance your gaming experience and drastically improve your gaming graphics.
Video Memory improves you gaming experience by storing more 3D vector data, textures, overlays, GPU programs which allows for faster load times, sharper graphics and higher resolutions.
4K Ready Ultra Resolution Gaming
Experience resolutions up to four times higher than HD and see everything your opponent throws at you — without sacrificing a single detail.
With Ultra Resolution Gaming you can leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. Whether using a 4k monitor or combining multiple HD monitors, you’ll get an expansive experience that’s truly out of sight.
AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture & 32-bit Ultrawide Bandwidth
Primed to enable astonishing performance and breathtaking image quality, making it a top choice for gamers who expect the best.
Designed to push not only the boundaries of DirectX® 11 gaming, the GCN Architecture is also AMD's first design specifically engineered for general computing. Representing the cutting edge of AMD’s graphics expertise, GCN GPUs are more than capable of handling workloads-and programming languages-traditionally exclusive to the main processor. Coupled with the dramatic rise of GPU-aware programming languages like C++ AMP and OpenCL™, the GCN Architecture is the right architecture at the right time.
AMD Power Tune 2.0 Smart Performance Tuning
Fixed clocks speeds are a thing of the past, Power Tune dynamic performance scaling determines the best clock speed in real time.
AMD PowerTune technology is a significant leap forward to better ensure that performance is optimized for TDP-constrained GPUs. AMD PowerTune technology helps deliver higher performance that is optimized to the thermal limits of the GPU by dynamically adjusting the clock during runtime based on an internally calculated GPU power assessment. AMD PowerTune technology can dynamically adjust the performance profile in real time to fit within the TDP envelope.
True Visual Stereoscopic HD3D Ready
The 3rd dimension is here thanks to AMD
AMD HD3D Technology is supported by an advanced and open ecosystem that, in conjunction with specific AMD hardware and software technologies, enables 3D display capabilities for many PC applications and experiences.
AMD Eyefinity 6 Display Technology
Multidisplay technology for gaming, productivity and entertainment.
We are taking you beyond the boundaries of traditional PC displays. XFX Multi Display technology expands the traditional limits of desktop computing by multiplying your screen area. With multiple monitors, games become more immersive, workstations become more useful and you become more productive (an average of 42% more productive according to one study).
XFX Duratec Professional Grade Components
XFX graphics cards are made from the highest quality components to maximize your performance.
When it comes to keeping your graphics card cool, we don't miss any details. Our high quality components which may include the capacitors, ferrite cores, mosfet, fans, brackets and PCB material are built to last in addition to providing you with better performance and increased lifespan for your product.
Improved Multi Sample Anti-Aliasing MSAA Technology
Smooth lines is the difference between bitty low quality graphics to a smooth realistic graphics.
MSAA smoothes out the jagged edges of a curved object. A black curved line on a white background displayed on a computer screen will have some jaggedness along its edges due to the inherent limitations of using discrete pixels to display the image. Anti-aliasing smoothes out this jaggedness by filling in the white spaces between the jagged edges with varying shades of grey which gives you the smooth soft shadows, crisp sharp lines of buildings, and crisp tiny details in clothing that make your experience truely realistic.
Bullet Physics Engine Technology
Get the most out of your gaming experience with real 3D Physics.
Take advantage of the 3D Physics capabilities of some of today's newest titles which include completely destructable objects, walls and buildings collapsing from gun fire, real particle effects such as fire that react to the environment and realistic details such as moving hair, water and much more.
Compatible with the newest Direct X Technology
Meets the standards of the newest games with the latest Direct X driver compatibility.
With every new generation of Direct X, major improvements are made which greatly advance the graphics capabilities of games. That's why it is essential to ensure that you are using a graphics card with the newest Direct X driver compatibility so that you'll get the most out of your gaming experience. See the difference for yourself.
6X Tesselation Technology
The details of tesselations can make the difference between a flat dull surface and a realistic bumpy surface.
XFX graphics cards offer the highest tesselation capabilities while still maintaining the higest performance. We don't sacrifice one for the other so you can expect to get the riches detail in your games without slowing down your gaming experience. See bumpy roads, textured fabrics and realistic rippling waters with high tesselated graphics from XFX.
Performance that commands respect.
The AMD Radeon™ R9 285 graphics card was conceived from the ground up to do only one thing: play the most demanding games at maximum detail better than any card in its class. Loaded with the latest advancements in Graphics Core Next Architecture, including AMD Eyefinity Technology and support for the groundbreaking Mantle API, this is forward-looking technology for the serious PC gamer.1,2,3
GCN Architecture: As the foundation of our graphics cards and the leading game consoles, our award winning Graphics Core Next Architecture never stops evolving. The AMD Radeon™ R9 285 [R9 285X] GPU comes packed with the latest GCN Architecture innovations like support for DirectX®12 and
Mantle API: There’s optimization, and then there’s Mantle. Mantle gives game developers the power to speak directly to the AMD GCN GPU core. With such a direct connection to your hardware, game developers are discovering a whole new world of realism and performance made possible by AMD graphics.3
Ultra Resolution Gaming: Leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. Whether using a 4K monitor or combining multiple monitors using AMD Eyefinity Technology, you’ll get an expansive experience that’s truly out of sight.2
- Up to 975MHz Engine Clock
- Up to 2GB GDDR5 Memory
- 5500 MHz memory clock (5.0 Gbps GDDR5)
- Up to 240GB/s memory bandwidth
- 3.34 TFLOPS Single Precision compute power
- GCN Architecture
- Up to 28 compute units (1792x Stream Processors)
- Up to 112 Texture Units
- 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units
- 32 Color ROP Units
- Dual Geometry Engines
- Dual Asynchronous Compute Engines (ACE)
- OpenGL 4.3support
- Partially Resident Textures (PRT)
- Ultra-high resolution texture streaming technology
- Mantle API support
- Image quality enhancement technology
- Up to 24x multi-sample and super-sample anti-aliasing modes
- Adaptive anti-aliasing
- Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA)
- 16x angle independent anisotropic texture filtering
- 128-bit floating point HDR rendering
- AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology2
- Up to 6 displays supported with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport
- Independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays
- Display grouping
- Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display
- AMD App Acceleration3
- OpenCL 1.2 Support
- Microsoft C++ AMP
- DirectCompute 11
- Double Precision Floating Point
- AMD HD Media Accelerator
- Unified Video Decoder (UVD)
- MPEG-2 (SD & HD)
- MVC (Blu-ray 3D)
- MPEG-4 Part 2 (DivX/Xvid)
- Adobe Flash
- DXVA 1.0 & 2.0 support
- Video Codec Engine (VCE)
- Multi-stream hardware H.264 encoder
- Full-fixed mode: 1080p @ 60 FPS encoding
- Hybrid mode: Stream Processor-assisted encoding
- Enhanced Video Quality features
- Advanced post-processing and scaling
- Automatic deinterlacing
- Mosquito noise reduction
- Edge enhancement
- 3:2 pulldown detection
- Advanced video color correction
- Brighter whites processing (Blue Stretch)
- Independent video gamma control
- Flesh tone correction
- Color vibrance control
- Dynamic contrast
- Dynamic video range control
- AMD HD3D technology6
- Stereoscopic 3D display/glasses support
- Blu-ray 3D support
- Stereoscopic 3D gaming
- 3rd party Stereoscopic 3D middleware software support
- AMD CrossFire™ multi-GPU technology4
- Dual, triple or quad-GPU scaling
- Cutting-edge integrated display support
- DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2
- Max resolution: 4096x2160 per display
- Multi-Stream Transport
- 21.6 Gbps bandwidth
- High bit-rate audio
- Quad HD/4k video support
- HDMI® (With 4K, 3D, x.v.Color™ and Deep Color)
- Max resolution: 4096x2160
- 1080p60 Stereoscopic 3D
- Quad HD/4k video support
- Dual-link DVI with HDCP
- Max resolution: 2560x1600
- Max resolution: 2048x1536
- Integrated HD audio controller
- Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required
- Supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats
- AMD PowerTune technology5
- Intelligent TDP management technology
- Dynamic clockspeed/performance enhancement for games
- AMD ZeroCore Power technology5
- Ultra-low idle power when the system’s display is off
- Efficient low power mode for desktop work
- Secondary GPUs in an AMD CrossFire™ technology configuration power down when unneeded
- AMD Catalyst™ graphics and HD video configuration software
- Software support for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- AMD Catalyst™ Control Center - AMD Catalyst™ software application and user interface for setup, configuration, and accessing features of AMD Radeon products.
- Unified Graphics display driver - AMD Catalyst™ software enabling other PC programs and devices to use advanced graphics, video, and features of AMD Radeon™ products.
Product Description : BLACK RADEON R9 285 918M 2GB D5 DP HDMI 2XDVI
UPC Number : 778656066809
Processor & Bus
Bus Type : PCI-E 3.0
Chipset version : Tonga
GPU Bus (bit) : 384
GPU Clock : 975 MHz
Stream Processors : 1792
Memory Bus : 256 bit
Memory Clock : 5.5 GHz
Memory Size : 2 GB
Memory Type : DDR5
AMD CrossFire™ Technology : Y
AMD Eyefinity Technology : Y
AMD HD3D Technology : Y
AMD Hybrid Graphics Technology : Y
AMD PowerPlay Technology : Y
AMD Stream Technology : Y
RoHS : Y
Display Port ready : 1.2
Dual link Support : Y
HDMI Ready : 1.4a
Max Supported Resolution (ANALOG) : 2048 x 1536
Max Supported Resolution (DIGITAL) : 2560 x 1600(DVI);4096 x 2160(HDMI;DP)
Output - DL-DVI-I : 1
Output - HDMI : 1
Output - DP : 1
Output - SL-DVI-D : 1
Card Profile : Dual
Thermal Solution : DD Fansink
Thermal Type : Dual Slot
Card Dimension (cm) : 22 x 11.12 x 3.81
Card Dimension (inch) : 8.7 x 4.4 x 1.5
Master Carton Dimensions (cm) : 51.5 x 33.7 x 37.1
Master Carton Dimensions (inch) : 20.28 x 13.27 x 14.61
Master Carton Weight (Kg) : TBD est.
Master Carton Weight (lb) : TBD est.
Package Dimensions (cm) : 16 x 33.6 x 9.8
Package Dimensions (inch) : 6.3 x 13.23 x 3.86
Package Weight (Kg) : TBD est.
Package Weight (lb) : TBD est.
Units/Carton : 10
6-pin to 4-pin power cable : 2
Cross Fire Bridge : 1
Driver Disk Installation Guide : 1
Installation DVD : 1
Promotional Bundles : PSU Cross Marketing Insert
Quick Installation Guide : 1
External Power - 6-pin to 4-pin : 2
Minimum Power Supply Requirement : 750 watt
XFX Recommended Power Supply : XFX 850W PSU
Excellence Achievement: Benchmark Reviews Golden Tachometer Award.The XFX Radeon R9 285 DD graphics card relies on the twin 90 mm fans in its Double Dissipation fansink to keep the AMD Tonga GPU cool and quiet under full load, which is something you won’t get from cards using the AMD reference cooler design. This makes the XFX R9 285 DD ideal for standalone desktop installations and high-demand gaming. Multi-card CrossFire sets no longer require an interconnect bridge, and so long as the enclosure is large enough to fit two dual-slot cards and offers above-average case ventilation there will be room for upgrade opportunities in the future. For the money, you’re getting a very competitive video card that runs quietly and matches performance with much more expensive models.
1. In testing by AMD labs as of July 28, 2014, the AMD Radeon™ R9 285 graphics card achieved a 3DMark Firestrike11 overall score of 7066 Performance, 3513 Extreme, versus 5650 and 2774 respectively for Nvidia GTX 760. Tested with i7-4960X CPU, MSI x79A-GD65 motherboard, 16GB memory, Windows 8.1 64-bit, AMD Catalyst 14.30 driver, Nvidia 337.88WHQL driver.
2. AMD Eyefinity technology supports up to six DisplayPort monitors on an enabled graphics card. Supported display quantity, type and resolution vary by model and board design. Mixed monitors of different resolutions are supported by select AMD Radeon™ R7 Series and R9 Series graphics cards. Confirm specifications with manufacturer before purchase. To enable more than two displays, or multiple displays from a single output, additional hardware such as DisplayPort™-ready monitors or DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled hubs may be required. A maximum of two active adapters is recommended for consumer systems. See www.amd.com/eyefinityfaq for full details.
3. Application support for Mantle is required.
4. Based on preliminary DirectX 12 specifications as of July, 2014, AMD’s GCN-based products are expected to support DirectX 12 upon its release. The DirectX 12 specification and support for it are subject to change without notice.
5. GCN Architecture and its associated features (PCI Express® 3.0, AMD ZeroCore Power technology, AMD PowerTune technology etc.) are included in the AMD Radeon™ R9 285 graphics cards. Not all technologies are supported in all system configurations—check with your system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
6. Requires 4K display and content. Supported resolution varies by GPU model and board design; confirm specifications with manufacturer before purchase.